Free Christian Ebooks from a Legal Source

Legal and Free!

I recently stumbled on a site that's offering free Christian eBooks, and boy, was I happy! This useful site helps the authors promote their books by offering it for free, but for a very limited time only. I've come across authors that I'm not familiar with and I'm so grateful for to be able to read their works.

David Who?

That's the first thing I asked and willed myself to find out. After all, I've been getting these free ebooks, I would really want to know who my benefactor is. It turned out that David is a nonprofit organization whose goal is to empower Christians all over the world to be able to disciple others, as well as grow in their faith. Through "Discipleship Shaping", this is being done.

So David is Not Real?

Unlike the Velveteen Rabbit, there is really a person who founded the organization in 1875 in Chicago, IL. His name is David C. Cook. His ministry has not only published these books and distributed these all over the world. They also partnered with various church organizations to endow their leaders with materials for distribution in developing countries and in those places where Christians are persecuted for their faith. The ministry either subsidize the cost (for developing countries) or distribute the books free of charge for underdeveloped nations.

So  Many Ebooks, So Little Time

The site lists the retailers where you can get your free Ebooks: Amazon, Barnes & Nobles, Google Play, iTunes, and Christianbook.com
When I got the first email from the ministry (I don't remember how I got one in the first place) I did the following obvious things:
1. I chose the Ebook I wanted.
2. The link took me to http://www.dccebooks.com/
3. The site lists the different retailers where I can download the Ebooks - Amazon, Barnes & Nobles,     iTunes, Google Play, Christianbook.com, among others.
4. I download the Ebooks to my Kindle Fire.

Ebook Format for Different Devices

 I do a lot of reading on my Kindle Fire HD7 and these free Ebooks have been welcome additions that I love. My only problem now is how to read all of these books in my lifetime!
My trusted Kindle Fire and Her (yup, it's a she) treats
Once you've downloaded tons of Ebooks, you'll realize that there are a lot of different Ebook formats specific to a device.

The following Electronic Book formats fit these devices:
  • Epub - Nook Reader (Barnes & Nobles)
  • Mobi - Kindle Readers (Amazon)
  • AZW - Kindle Ebook Readers (Amazon)
  • PDF -   Supported by Nook, Kindle and other kinds of Ebook readers
You can use online converters to change from one file format to another so you can use it in your different Ebook readers.

Get Your Free Ebook

David C. Cook sends emails twice a week and reminds everyone to download the book as soon as possible because there's a limited time frame for that. Free Ebook downloads expire at midnight on Tuesdays and Fridays. So, check the schedules, which depends on your timezones and make sure that the retailer indicates that the Ebook is FREE.

Don't forget to check the site to see if there are already FREE Ebooks available for the week.
Click on this link:  http://www.dccebooks.com/

Do you know of any FREE Ebooks site that gives out complimentary digital tomes?

http://chronickindness.blogspot.com/p/blog-page_2.html

Did you enjoy the article? Then please sign up to access more amazing tips. A free gift is on your way! Enter your email address and get your free gift:


Delivered by FeedBurner
Post A Comment
  • Blogger Comment using Blogger
  • Facebook Comment using Facebook
  • Disqus Comment using Disqus

No comments :

Drop me a line...maybe more. I would love to hear from you! @))-->>-----